www.dickblick.com . Have fun!
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Just got back from mexico with 2 other couples to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was a blast. But after arriving home we all started running to the bathroom, ridding our bodies of something that didn't agree with us...all except Tracy. I spent 24 hours in bed, not being able to keep anything down for a good portion of that.
Today I feel a little better. It's sunny outside and our australian friends (jane davenport & husband angus) are staying with us for a few days. and
it's my 50th birthday!
Anyway...back to resolutions...this would be my list...if I had one:
1. Do more "earthing", which simply means to walk around barefoot (on the earth) for at least 10 minutes a day. It's supposed to be amazing for your health. www.intuitionphysician.com
2. Get my juicer out of storage and start playing around with it again (like juicing herbs and including it in a vinaigrette, etc).
3. Journal every day. keep several different journals. keep a "writing only" journal that is for my eyes only. keep a messy journal, a tiny journal, a journal about a certain topic...
4. Go out to dinner with each daughter separately at least once a month.
5. Not to feel guilty about anything!
6. Experiment with more recipes, instead of just reading my cookbooks.
7. In the art department, I'd like to carve more stamps, stencil more, paint more, use my washi tapes more, sew more...
8. Keep cleaning out closets, getting rid of anything and everything.
9. Learn a publishing program for my Mac.
10. Continue to live in the moment every single day.
Saturday, January 05, 2013
Carla Sonheim's (year long) online giraffe class. current assignment: draw giraffe's. I am using a spiral bound journal with kraft paper so I feel more free to mess up and play. I am really finding the paper wonderful for using colored pencils.