Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my new lens

 For my birthday, Tracy bought me a new lens for my nikon today....a 40mm/2.8 macro.  So I was having fun with it.  It's amazing and just what I was looking for.
 I've been drawing again in my old drawing journal...this time with pencil instead of pen.

 Hi Sherlock!
 If anyone read yesterday's post, this is the owl I made over the weekend.
 This is a purse I made from leftover scraps we were using to make scarves.  The face piece is a hand painted, hand quilted things I did several years ago and never used it on anything.  It was just the weight I needed for a flap on the purse to keep it closed.

 This is the scarf I made.  Mine was super plain compared to the others...hopefully they will post their scarves on their blogs because they are much cooler....but this is something I will actually wear.  I LOVE color in my art but not to wear.
 Playing with my new lens in Tracy's journal.
More of Tracy's art.

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see you posting again Teesha. Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I am a terrible photographer...I need to get a lens like that and actually learn to use it! The drawings look great and as always, I LOVE Tracy's art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photography is as wonderful as your art! the lens just made it better. I so enjoy your sharing your photos... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having way too much fun with your birthday gift - NOT!! :)
    Love your pencil sketchs and that purse is awesome. Your hubby's journals are way cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the owl you made! Your new lens does nicely, doesn't it?
    http://lisagrahamart.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a good prime lens! The purse looks devine. And that scarf looks perfect for the Seattle Area...

    ReplyDelete