Friday, May 13, 2011

tape obsession

 So...I went on a hunt today (michaels, joanns and paper zone) for 1/16" grommets (or eyelets) and no one carried them.  I finally stopped driving from store to store and called Impress Rubber Stamps at Tukwila to see if they carried them.  They DID!  wahoo.  While looking around this fabulous store, I came across this tape from (the genius's behind) Cavallini & Co.  It's not often these days that I am just strolling around a store and come across such a thrilling new product.  It was $16 (yikes) but when you think about it, that averages to about $3.25 a roll (cheaper than the japanese stuff)....and you get a cute little tin.
The girl ringing me up asked if I had come for the tape.  Come to find out the order just came in today and there were all these women waiting in line for some earlier in the day.  Not sure how I lucked out, but glad I did.  she was sure there would be none left by end of day (there were only 2, now only 1).

16 comments:

  1. OMG! This is gorgeous!!! Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enabler! I just called the tukwila store and they are out. Luckily the U-Village one had some and so later tonight I will have some as well. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *covets* I am a HUGE fan of red. I hope I can find some here somewhere! That's to DIE for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:46 PM

    Checked out the Cavallini & Co site... there are actually four different types of tape! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Your photos are great and the whole site is really fun. I'm looking forward to your future posts.
    ~:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cavallini stuff and these tapes are gorgeous!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure. I will have to keep my eyes open for some of that gorgeous tape here in Middle Earth!(St. Louis)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny, I just bought several rolls of tape yesterday myself as a bit of a splurge, and that was before I read your blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cool tape! Wish I oculd reach into the computer and pull of a piece of it. Love your blog and your influence. Watched all your instruction videos and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I -LOVE- it! It's just yummy!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish we had a super neat store like that around my parts. The tin is awsome and the tape looks pretty awesome too. Yes, you were a lucky, lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i give up trying to find the tape...... looked everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for showing this. I've just ordered some from Amazon in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And it came two days later - wonderful stuff, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the same box of tape a few months ago, in Chicago, at Dick Blick. It looks great, but it can be really difficult to use. My first foot of almost every roll in that box ripped easily, and was nearly impossible to use. I hope you have better luck with the brand! I still keep it around, because it looks pretty good on the shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete