Tuesday, February 15, 2011

more art

 This is the cover of my latest journal.  I had adhered the collage with glue stick (ugh...I hate gluesticks) and it started peeling off while I was out and about so I slapped some tape on it (both decorative and scotch tape).  I would have never thought of doing this otherwise but I love the tape in a big X across the face.  This is why I say never to fear mistakes in your journal...they only lead to discoveries.
 still haven't figured it out...must sit and think about it one of these days.....still floating....
 I have to admit..I kinda like this page (this is saying alot since this is a rare feeling for me).  I'm thinking it is a combination of the blue color and the random design that appeals to me.  I might have to make this into fabric through www.spoonflower.com
 Boy am I loving using my new collage sheets!!!  too much fun.
 part 1 of a long journal spread...
 part 2
 Wendy Millward came to PLAY and sat directly across from me.  We both share a love of interior design magazines.  She takes them to a new level by pasting pages directly into her journal and then adding to them in this fashion.  So I wanted to try my hand at it too.  I want a room that looks just like this!  part 2 is below.
 2nd half.   I don't think I'm done with this little side bar...perhaps a quote or something in the egg would make it feel done. That pillow belongs in this room but it wasn't proportional so it's sitting on the side.
 Trying to play around with the idea that less is more.  This is SO hard for me...there isn't much in my life where I practice restraint...
The funny thing about this little journal flap is that 2 days after I wrote it, I was meeting a friend for dinner.  I decided to sneak in a little journaling time at the starbucks before the meeting time.  As it turned out, there had been an accident that caused my friend to be really late.  I ended up having a 3 hr. journaling session with my headphones on.  Be careful what you write in your journal!  LOL

25 comments:

  1. Oh my, you just gave me an overdose of eyecandy... so much inspiration and questions to think about... that's a good thing - when art raises questions! Thanks for the loveliness you show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous stuff Teesha.......love it all !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The furniture by Teesha is so beyond. I would love to have a piece in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh some seriously fabulous stuff here Teesha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You never cease to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These new pages are simply STUNNING. I was planning to spend the night answering emails but I think I'll get out my journal instead. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always I get in the mood for covering myself up in all my crea-stuff, and just work work work. Dive into this wonderful inspirations of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made my day, thank you soooo much for sharing. You have managed to open up my ART Soul and lifted up my life. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. You share so much with the world. I honour your ART and your generousity. I don´t want to emulate your style, yet it infuses whatever ever I do, ever since I first saw it. Blessings to you.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! Your colour choices are just gorgeous. Your work has so much life in it. Really wonderful stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teesha fabric from Spoonflower would be FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your art is AMAZING, INSPIRING and girl, I wish I was floating along as well as you...keep it up, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TEESHA -
    Amazing and beautiful work.
    I have been wrestling with art goals, and trying not to have any so I can be free to do what I want, when I want. But that will only last so long for me. Goals can be very positive and helpful. You have accomplished so much with your art, and you are very generous for sharing it with us. Let us know when your goals develop. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi have not looked at your blog in ages...it is amazing i have always admired your work,you are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your new modern style...I feel like I am in London in the 60's.
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Teesha - your journal pages always inspire me. Also, I so enjoy the color and vibrancy. Thanks for your generous sharing.
    Faye Day (MN)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like it alot!
    I have created two amazing journals and I love the way they turned out I will post them on my blog thanks for posting the demo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is FAB...Thanks for the inspiration again!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was little, someone told me: "An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." Now I tell my kids the same thing.
    NEVER GIVE UP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're work is amazing! Love it!
    You are fantastic!!
    Shine on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Was feeling the same way...Then while in an op/thrift shop the other day a woman handed me a book... "Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach"... and as i opened it at the days date, i was amazed at the synchronicity of the words... i have begun a new Journal Journey methinks X:-) i ~Love~ how Life works like that <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog and wanted to say your journal pages are incredibly inspiring! I consider myself an artist but wish I had more of a creative and imaginative side to my style as you clearly showcase. Keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this series!

    Have you ever seen Chris Roberts-Antieau work? Her journaling / fiber arts is truly amazing and so much fun!

    Beth

    blog.BethKamhi.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10:58 AM

    So beautiful !! I love all you make, your colors, your design... So much inspiration ! Fabulous ! I'll come back ! Sure !

    ReplyDelete
  25. So much wonderful stuff happens in your journals. I'm so happy you share them with us.

    ReplyDelete