Monday, June 28, 2010

GOOD book

I love Carla Sonheim and her work.  Her work is simple and yet complex, straighforward but has deeper meaning or messages just like her.  I have always seen her as an original artist who was dancing to her own beat which is why she has been a teacher at artfest for years.  In this day and age when we are all inspired by so many artists, she always stood out to me as just Carla...no influences (that I could detect) from the latest issue of somerset magazine, for instance.  I'm thrilled to finally get to see her new book (which I have a couple doodles in).  I took a 3-day workshop from her and just like her drawings, she took me back to the simple pleasures of creating for the sheer joy of it and truly playing without thinking of the outcome.  In the end, I learned alot and remembered alot that I had forgotten all these years.  I  am inspired after reading through this book to get back to drawing everyday...(notice the lapse in my drawing journal pages lately?).

By the way, she still has some space in her workshops at Journalfest happening this october too.  She is a fabulous teacher and this book really is worth having on your bookshelf.

12 comments:

  1. You hooked me, I just ordered it! Thanks for the info! ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking for that book tomorrow. Teesha, you have to know how much you have inspired me by your journal pages. I was reading some of them today. You have to know that people would hang your journal pages on their walls with your writings on them. I always have one of your pages as my wallpaper on my computer everyday for inspiration. They are incredible and you can tell it comes from so deep inside you. It's the most natural sort of talent pouring out onto pages. Don't fight it, don't force big pieces, do what you love because let me tell you how much people love what you do!!!! Your life's work thus far through journal pages will go down in history as the most impressive journal creator in the world there is no doubt in my mind. I'm a huge fan and you have opened up a whole new world of art to me with your techniques. I just wanted to thank you!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have this book in my cart on Amazon, just waiting for some spare cash to checkout, it looked like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you! I pre-ordered this book and been trying out techniques previous weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pre-ordered this book and I got it a few weeks ago. Love, love, love it. I am going to create a journal just for the book. I also love the pics you've posted, they are inspiring and soooo beautiful. TFS. !!! You are also such an inspiration. I check your blog every day. !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Teesha, for being so generous with your blog to tell us about another artist. I've got the book on my "want" list on amazon. Looks like it's time to move it to "buy."
    I am signed up for Carla's class at Journalfest and just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring shots! The first one gave me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book and I are going on vacation together, leaving this evening! CAN't WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh...I've had this book on my wish list for some time. Now I think I must buy it! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had this sitting in my Amazon cart for a week or two...now, with your hearty endorsement, I'll finish the transaction today!!
    xo
    Gaye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:25 PM

    That was so well said . I agree. I love Carla's book also. I am so excited to see you and Tracy working together on some stuff. It will be great. What I see here already is!
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for share,godo post

    ReplyDelete