Thursday, May 13, 2010

mishmash

This little guy was a stencil I saw downtown seattle on one of my walks.  It was only about 6 inches tall.
Tracy found this in Portland on a recent trip and HAD to have it (it was a killer deal...we think the store owner was high or something).  Not really sure what to do with it now, but Tracy is beyond thrilled.
I couldn't believe it when I received an email from one of my favorite artists (janne robberstad) that I had won something!  I never win anything...in fact it is so bad that Tracy won't even let me stand by him in las vegas because it's clear that I change his luck.  So this was exciting.  Included was a Janne designed mousepad, mirror, music, self adhesive velvet trim, an embroidered face that I will certainly incorporate into something, hand printed papers and more!  and it all came from norway!

So I know that I have a food blog and I should have posted this there, but I have more readers here.  ;-)  I am just CRAZY about this new bean company Rancho Gordo (well, new to me).  The beans are out of this world, easy to cook and delicious in so many recipes.  Here, I just made a miropaux of carrot, celery, onion and garlic, sauteed in olive oil and then cooked with the beans for a couple hours.  Everyone needs to eat more beans and this guy is the one to buy them from.

11 comments:

  1. Incredibly wonderful pinball machine!! Beans, beans, glorious beans...I love fava beans and greens...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinball too. In fact on our honeymoon, which consisted of driving through BC's interior and staying at whatever motel we found along the way, we often amused ourselves playing pinball, fooze ball and hockey under glass in the evenings.

    MMM! Beans. DO you own a bean pot? If not, you *must* get one!

    Pretty prize haul you won. Getting art stuff in the mail is such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, lucky tracy and lucky are the people that got to eat these beans...haha...XOXOrly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, those beans look wonderful. Are you finding them in the Seattle area or do you mail order? Maybe PCC could be persuaded to carry them. Jumped over to your food blog and now I am hungry..great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pinball-machine! You should play "Pinball Wizard" by the Who when you play it, I´m sure it´s good for luck! :-)
    I am so glad you liked the goodies :-) And thank you so much for mentioning me in you post. Very, very grateful!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy the beans just for the packaging!! And, I didn't know you have a food blog, so I'm heading over there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say the Rancho Gordo bean cookbook "Heirloom Beans" is excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beans too glad you shared this recipy I love the packaging I am sure you will be using it too

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really good. I'll have to keep a look out for this brand - I usually haunt the bulk aisles at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:54 AM

    At Leeds, a 1974 Gibson SJ Deluxe gig bag keyboard from the very beginning.
    This leads to the conclusion that, once again, short sellers are seeing are
    getting their shorts squeezed. As mentioned we need 6 wires total, though it's possible some gig bag keyboards may have 4 separate wires for the strummer and thus you'll
    probably need new switches.

    Here is my website - their website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:58 AM

    These are high in vitamin B. Also, Procellix
    works in burning away Cellulitis Diagnostic Tests, as measured by 3-D surface imaging.
    But recently, this alternative type of treatment is best for you to be able to purchase them from Ebay.

    In case you exercise in the evening, take a thermogenic before the session.


    my web-site - cellulite tights

    ReplyDelete