Friday, October 30, 2009

book list 4

I always have people tell me that the part they miss most about my magazines I used to publish was the book recommendations.  First of all, I don't buy books nearly as much as I used to...but I did manage to look around the house and find a few gems to share with you.  The first is just a big picture book for big people.  I love charley hopper's work and his first book was bigger and WAY more expensive (original edition can still be found at anthropology)...but why when you can now get a reprint for about $30.

super cool jesse reno has many books he's published.  Get them all!  Trust me!

About 8 years ago, we had a teacher come to artfest who had this super cool, pieced together, sweater that both my mom and I flipped over.  She said it was made by Crispina Ffrench who was really only working for a small shop on the east coast.  She kindly explained to my mom how she made it but we really never sat down to actually do it.  She finally wrote a book that I knew I had to have.  For anyone who likes making their own clothes, this one has great ideas for using old sweaters to make new sweaters.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is freakishly weird (in a good way) when someone (you) crawls into my brain lol. I have *adored* Charley Harper forever, he lived near my family and my Mom knew he and his wife. I have a vintage cookbook w/his illustrations, plus loads of other stuff.
    And......I am currently working on piecing sweater parts together, didn't know about this book, but clearly I *must* own it.
    Thxs for great book lists as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds think alike...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the sweater chop shop book, it's in my library too! will check out charley harper, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owwww... MORE must have books! Thanks Teesha!!! I have to let you know your you tube how-to videos gave me a kick in the pants, and I threw together a quick (cheap paper) journal (because I left my good paper at home accidently, so was forced to purchase a lightweight cheap brand) and started a small journal with all your techniques! Thanks so much for your generosity and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:02 AM

    Hello! I'm newbie in Internet, can you give me some useful links? I know only about Yahoo [url=http://yahoo.com]Yahoo[/url] http://yahoo.com Yahoo

    ReplyDelete