Thursday, February 19, 2009

trouble at the craft store

Had an MRI yesterday of my knee. no biggie...doc thinks it's just a bone spur but the big machine freaked me out. Thankfully I did not have to go IN the machine all the way. I explained to the nurse I had extreme claustrophobia so if I had to go further in, it wasn't going to happen today. she assured me it wouldn't. anyway...I was so relieved to be out of there that I decided to take myself out to dinner, then to michael's, then the bookstore since tracy was at a lomo meet in seattle until the wee hours.
Had a "holy cannolli..." kind of moment when I saw some scrapbooking supplies I felt I needed to have. Not sure what I will do with them yet...but I am sure something will spring to mind soon.

Most of these things are from a line called "que sera" manufactured by K&Company. It looks suspiciously similiar to Anahata's style... www.anahatart.com which isn't so cool.

I tried to make something similiar to this a couple years ago...no way will I try it again. these are a bargain at 2.99.

7 comments:

  1. OMGoodness. The kids and I are doing a unit on china and those lanterns are just too cute. ANd the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love those journal cards in all those yummy colours.

    You have an 'a' missing out fo ana's site link though Teesha - http://www.anahataart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! THAT is SO funny!!! We just had a grand opening of our "new" Michael's bigger and better than ever and some sort of a test store of sorts... only 2 in the nation. Anyways, was disappointed with their stamp selection, but they seemed to have more paper to choose from... I picked out ONE pad of paper... Que Sera Sera in 12x12!!! Then, my girlfriend, Lisa who lives in Vancouver, WA, was telling me she picked up a small pad of paper at Michael's and Yep! it was the same Que Sera Sera stuff! Definitely will have to check out anahataart.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those lanterns too, they where just so cute and colorful, I have no idea what to do with them, but I had to buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some paper dolls a while ago using those tags and images from Paper Whimsy! And I love Anahata's beautiful cards and designs too! So your post today was a visual feast for my eyes! Thanks for putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stuff you bought I have to look for a bird punch the next time i am off island. I did buy the same buttons and I went a little nutso over the chinese lanterns and bought those too. I also found some vintage toned formed flowers that are to die for. I too would love to design for a craft company, that would be the dream job.
    R. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I have the same problem! KC&Co. has such GRREAT stuff! It saddens me that I didn't make these great things first; is that bad? But I love using them in mixture with my fiber art. I mean; if all us here who got those lanterns strung them all together on our blogs (so to speak) wouldn't that be a cool exhibit? You could simply click each persons blog on the given 'exhibition day' and see how many different ways they were used. It might even get folks who haven't used theirs *ahem* to do something with them.

    LOVE, love love your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete