Monday, December 01, 2008

yay...thanksgiving is over!

I don't know about you but I'm not interested in eating any more turkey for a long time. We had 3 formal thanksgiving dinners and about 6 meals from leftovers. UGH. I went to our little veggie market this morning and filled my fridge with veggies and fruit. On thanksgiving evening when we got home from the get-together, we were all a little hungry but no one felt like cooking and there didn't seem to be anything in the house except for a bag of tortilla chips. and how can you eat tortilla chips with no salsa? no salsa was to be found so tiffany and I decided to have a 5 minute iron chef moment. We each took a can of tomatoes and proceeded to make salsa out of whatever we could find. I used some vegetarian chili mix & red onion and a little lime juice. Tiff used fresh garlic, a bunch of kimchee, lime and some seasoning salt and threw it into the food processor. We were all afraid to taste the kimchee (fermented cabbage) version but she won the contest, hands down. I made her give me the recipe...it was THAT good. She is obsessed with kimchee, by the way so I always go to Uwajimaya's to have a fresh jar of it in the fridge when she comes home for the weekend.

Anyway...didn't journal or do art at all during the 4 day weekend...too much chaos with both girls home and all their friends over every night.

8 comments:

  1. It's OK to take a break once in awhile.Glad to see you survived. Just a note to let you know that I am taking a few days vacation to be there for your journalling class on May 1st. I WILL be there this time, work or no work. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, kimchee is really, really good in fried rice and on top of sandwiches, it gets your creative juices flowing :)
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to get anything accomplished during the holidays...everyone pulling at you to go here or there, stuff to do, food to cook and/or eat....just too much. (I think I may just have to shut myself in my studio some during christmas. lol)

    Kimchee in salsa? You're serious? *stare* lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. With both girls and their friends there, it sounds like you had wonderful chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this new banner the best. It makes me want to draw when I look at it. My husband has declared me a doodle artist. I guess that is an ok label for what I do. Anyway I think I should go doodle. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your newest banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I'm not going near the kimchee soon, or turkey, either. I had to freeze the soup I made because no one wanted any more turkey! Just vegetables for a while, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a recipe for Kimchee today & it reminded me of this post. Here is a link
    http://asonomagarden.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/an-intro-into-fermentation-how-to-make-kimchi/

    ReplyDelete