Monday, November 10, 2008

Portland







Just got back from portland. We had to go visit Reed College as we are moving our Artfiberfest retreat there (june 24-28, 2009) and had to check it out first. It was amazing and we can't wait till next june. Also, Theo Ellsworth was having another show at his gallery (he co-owns it with a group of artists), so we got to see the opening night of it. He's got some great pieces in it and a few extra copies of his book also. If you want to check it out, google the Pony Club in portland. We spent the rest of the weekend getting ready for a metal journal making workshop we are having in our studio this weekend. OH...and I set up my easel and paints in the corner of my living room! Yes, I know...I have a giant studio and I put it in my living room. But it is making me want to paint. A little here, a little there...it's fun. Sometimes I wake up and paint for 20 minutes in my jammies before hopping in the shower. I'll try to take some pics of the corner soon.

7 comments:

  1. I love. love. love. Theo's book, I am so glad that you wrote about it. I think that he is a genius.

    I hope to go to Pony Club sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also keep expanding my studio in my house. The most recent addition is a big round table in the corner of the living room. I can see the tv from there, talk to my hubby etc. While still making some art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself got 2 copies of Theo's book (one for a gift) and a poster for my son because you told me it was out. We are big fans of his here at our house.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing beautiful pages!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your journal pages. So inspiring! Do you have to be able to sew to attend Fiberfest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so inspired by your journaling. Can you recommend a good white writing pen that will hold against layers? I have the hardest time with white, yet I love the effect.

    Saludos,
    Yoli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore my jurnals I bough from you...totally unique you guys! I wanted to send them to my niece but I can't part with them...I go blind trying to read the tiny print. Are they half the size of the originals? or more? Who publishes these?

    ReplyDelete