Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's a whole new world today



















I don't know about you but I sat there last night fighting back the tears all night as I watched people coming together as one and being completeley overjoyed with our new president and the prospect of big change on the horizon. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Obama would win. He simply had to. But what I wasn't expecting was the overwhelming oneness that we saw from everyone. I am super excited about the future now and cannot wait to work together to turn it into a brave new world.
I have a quote that's been hanging around on my desk for awhile now. Someone had written it on the back of an Artfest registration last Sept. and it couldn't be more appropriate now.
"WE EVOLVE AT THE RATE OF THE TRIBE WE ARE PLUGGED INTO" -Carolyn Myers.
Nice to know our tribe has changed leaders and is now on it's way to greatness. Anyhoo...I have a bunch of new journal pages that I will post over the next week or so.

9 comments:

  1. wonderful news, eh?

    oh, and that was my registration form! :) one of my very favorite quotes...i use it all the time. and it is perfect for this occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, the world is American! Today you wrote a new page of History! Today America is again this country where everything is possible !

    I'm so happy the "W" years finally ended !

    This morning I was crying when I heard the great news ...

    Lise, from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing new pages from your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed, a VERY good day for new beginnings! Excellent quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news - a breath of fresh air - We have watched closely in the UK too - America's president effects the whole world - probably more than he realises - I don't envy him the high expectations from the whole world.
    If he achieves even half of what he promises it will be for the good.

    Good luck to him

    Vron xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more. I was brought to tears,,,, with so much hope and happiness. He gets us!!! I feel a sense of hope I have never felt before in the scope of the big picture of the United States!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't hold back the tears, especially when those beautiful little girls came on stage with Michelle Obama. Floodgates opened, nose blowing ensued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous journal pages and a fabulous new president, what more could you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that quote comes from Caroline Myss - she's an intuitive healer and wrote a wonderful book - Anatomy of the Spirit. Go to this link and check it out: http://www.myss.com/library/chakras/

    ReplyDelete