Saturday, August 23, 2008

tracy's birthday


So...I know I didn't log on last night and post but I was tired and full of food. So, yesterday was Tracy's birthday-day-before-his-birthday-day. We started off by having breakfast at Lola's (a greek Tom Douglas) restaurant. I just think Tom is brilliant with food. Go to one of his restaurants if you can. Anyway, I had to order the "weird" entree because I know it may sound scary but is always amazing. It said "octopus, pork belly, spring pea greens, heirloom cherry tomatoes and a sunny egg. It was a wonderful mix of ingredients resting on some creme freche along with 2 slices of his to-dye-for toast. Tracy got the normal maple sausages, eggs and fried smashed garlic potatoes (whoa!...). The maple sausages were homemade (of course) and the most delicious sausage I've had, ever. We'll try the fried to order homemade doughnuts on another trip. OMG.

Next is was up to Victrola coffeehouse on Pike (or was it Pine?) where we journaled for almost 3 hours straight with the headphones on. Pure bliss! I popped on down to Utrecht a block down to stretch my legs and found some creamy smooth new colored pencils (colorsoft by derwent) that I wanted to try. I bought 5 single colors and took them back up to Victrola. Loved them so much that when we left, Tracy and I popped back in there and he bought me a set of 24 and bought the derwent inktense pencils for himself since he loves to play with water soluble pencils and these delivered intense color.

Then it was onto the baguette box to have a tofu baguette since it was right around the corner. however...I am sad to say that it just isn't living up to the way it used to be. They are using less veggies in the sandwiches and something has changed. we've been dissappointed the last few times. Time to find another to-die-for sandwich joint I guess.

we then took off for 45th up near wallingford because we had heard about a new ice cream shop tracy wanted to try out. since we weren't hungry, we popped into diva espresso on stone way because tracy remembered they had outdoor tables. We journaled for another hour or so and finally went back to Molly Moon's homemade ice cream (that has been getting rave reviews). We both settled on the salt caramel ice cream in a barely warm waffle come. OMG!!! It was, beyond a doubt, the best ice cream cone I've ever had. Salty and sweet and the cone was the topper...I have never tasted a cone like that one. As we sat out on the sidewalk, it was a moment of euphoria.

we were meeting up in Issaquah with some old friends who we went to high school with and did a ton of stuff with right after we got married...Jim and Rachel, who sadly moved to Spokane awhile back. So we zipped across the bridge at 3:30 before traffic was reduced to a crawl. We voraciously journaled for another 1-2 hours at the Barnes and Noble in issaquah until it was time to meet at Jaks...Tracy's favorite steakhouse. We walked in and all the waiters, cooks and (even the owners who happened to be there) all greeted him with warm hugs and smiles. It's crazy how everyone knows him. Dinner was even better with old friends to share conversation with. We started at 6 and didn't walk out until 9pm.

So, that was our day. I sat down on the couch at home and fell asleep right away. too much good food in my tummy I think. Today, I don't want to eat so much.

16 comments:

  1. It's fun to know you were journaling in my neighborhood! (Capitol Hill) Happy Birthday to Tracy! ~ stampalina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Tracy..Man..you two ate A LOT of food that day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your husband! I was just up in Seattle and Vancouver/Saltspring Island 2 weeks ago on vacation. You've been having some great weather to enjoy an outdoor cafe! Please continue posting about intriguing places to visit in the area - I've been bookmarking the ones you mentioned so I know where to go on my next visit to your wonderful part of the world. Cheers, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sounding birthday!!!
    And after reading this....I'm soooo hungry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salt caramel ice cream! OMG, the sweetest four words in the english language. Happy Birthday to Tracy. You guys know how to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those journal pages, the colours are gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great time! Nothings better than a good feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colorsoft pencils are the best! I searched for awhile for the perfect, creamy colored pencils, and those, well, beat the competition! I'm glad you've found them; you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Hi Teesha! I just "stumbled" into your life and have enjoyed looking around. I am kinda saddled with the trait of noticing details and happened to see this typo in stamp item 32-159-E. This is the first part of the quote, sic:

    "TRUE HAPPINESS IS NOT BE FOUND OUTSIDE LIFE...IT DOES NOT BROOD...."

    "To be or not to be..." oops?!

    Just a minor point, hope you don't mind me mentioning it. I guess no one else saw the mistake so perhaps the world will keep turning without my tweaking it!

    Hope all continues to be well with you, spirit, body and soul! Cheers!

    Michal Ann
    Lake Forest Park, WA
    immichal@yahoo.com
    (I keep reentering my info but the next time I use Google/Blogger it kicks out my password so I will pretend I am "anon.")

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great birthday, good food and lots of journalling time. What more could you need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Tracy! Your post just made me so miss Seattle. Keith and I just fell in love with it when we went there in 2007 for Artfest. congrats on post two of your frequent blogging plan - it's tough! I'm always amazed at how quickly time has flown when I think I blogged "the other day" and it turns out it was two weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it was a banner day!!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tracy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Tracy !! WOW, sounds like you guys truly enjoyed your day : ) I'm ordering my set of Derwent Intense set TODAY - I am inspired - thank you Teessshhhha : ) love your art, blogg, sharing and of course your products, all very fun and creative to say the least !!!
    One little ?/comment on"comments" is there a blogg ettiqute book on commenting on others' blogg ?? just wondering cause I happen to LOVE your art - AS IS !!!
    Love & Blessings, Sandra in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you rationalize that the good food was okay to eat because you walked? I would have.
    Tell Tracy Happiest of birthdays.
    I want to hang with you guys and journal all day.
    What a great way to spend a birth-day.
    Are you going to be in Indiana in Oct? Mike said maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous day! I love the idea of wandering about journaling, snacking, taking in the city, and wrapping it up with old friends - perfection :) Happy Birthday wishes to Tracy from Molly and myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teesha! What a fun day! Happy Birthday to Tracy!!! You guys know how to celebrate!
    ALL that good food...you're making me sooo hungry!
    mucho love to you both,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love maple sausages! Now please stop talking about food. I'm starving!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete