Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dare I say it...


I think I want to try blogging every day...even if it is one sentence. I am going to try it and see what happens.

Here is the logo prototype for Artfest 2009 which is now up on my website, by-the-way. www.teeshamoore.com Lots of good workshops and fun galore. I should add in here that Tracy drew this based on our 'sea monster" theme.

On Saturday is Tracy's birthday (46th) so what he wants to do is go journal all day in seattle on friday (fine with me!!!) and then he wants to work in his studio on a new metal journal all day saturday (and he implied with no interruptions)...again, fine by me! I haven't had a chance to play in my studio either which I am eager to do. I think I will mess around with fabric and see if I can whip out some fun stuff for artfiberfest in october.

Last weekend we had the first ever workshop held at our studio/house. We had 20 women come to it and it was really fun. They all did amazing work despite the crazy heat wave we had. We realized we'd prefer less people and more lights up, but all in all, it turned out really good.

Lastly...we now have new collage sheets up as well as those sharpie pens that I am crazy about (and now all 20 of the women who came to the workshop) are crazy about too.

will let you know how the journaling day goes tommorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Cool!! I am so happy to heard that you are going to be doing the blogging thing!! I am a huge fan of your work!!

    suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. He, what a great day to be born on (so am I) Happy B-day to Tracy! I'm so sad I didn't get to do your workshop. I saw it early enough to sign up, but it was my daughter's birthday who turned 8 and she would have been devestated if I hadn't been here. You might remember her. She's the one who made the puppet and you printed her in Art & Life, in one of the earlier issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news that you want to blog regularly. I´ve been waiting for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:59 AM

    Thank you for being such a positive inspiration! By the way, I too am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr. and if you didn't already know, he is the current cover of Rolling Stone Mag, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hannah5:00 AM

    awesome!
    i look forward to your daily blogging!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...another fan happy to hear of more blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had a great impact on my work; I'm so excited that I can visit you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyday is a great goal, I would love to have a little more of you in my daily life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll pop in every day. guaranteed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah! I love sharpe pens too :D I love your work so much it's always so fun and inspiring. I'v given you an award on my blog :) I hope Tracy has a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've long been fascinated by your work! I'm a Seattle area transplant currently living in the midwest. My goal for next year is to get to Artfest, my parents live in Lilliwaup, not too far from Port Townsend, so fingers crossed, I might actually get to meet you!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marylinn Kelly3:11 PM

    Wishing you well with the daily posting, a serious commitment...as a brand-new blogger, plain brown wrapper, just words, no art, I know it is a challenge to set a pace one can keep to. Hello to you both, Happy Birthday to Tracy,
    Marylinn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool , i just love the logo !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The workshop was great! I made two of the folding books in the following week while watching the Olympics. And I'm continuing to work in my journal! Ruth

    ReplyDelete