Monday, July 21, 2008

update on art & life



This is a kind of funny pic to add in here but it was one of the most popular of my new collage sheets we just did for the CA. show. Tracy is going to try to get all the new collage sheets (14 in all) up on the website by the end of the week.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that we are finally picking up issue 12 today and my trusty office manager is ready to mail them off asap. I really don't think I will ever go to china again for printing anything. not worth it. (I didn't actually GO to china...but...you know what I mean...)

just got done with the show in LA that went great! It was super to see everyone again and I found lots of really cool things down there in the garment district for goodies for artfiberfest. I'm excited to put together the packages for that as soon as all the shipped goodies make it back here.

we also got home from 4 days in cannon beach with my family who I haven't seen for years. all my cousins were there and it felt really good to connect with family who I haven't seen for about 15 years. we stayed at the tolavana inn which I would recommend. If you have a larger family, get the 2 bedroom suites that are gigantic! Big enough to host the 22 family members that were there.

anyway...I know alot of you are wondering about the magazine and I wanted to update you on that. I have literally been out of my office for 2 weeks now so today I am trying to answer emails, mail and get back to business. It feels really good to be back to work!

15 comments:

  1. I adore your work my grandsons girlfriend introduce me to you she is 18 and you are her favourite artist... my grandson Curtis bought her one of your posters for christmas last year. she was thrilled with it.
    She has just today opened a fan club on face book for you i joined too... would you please write on her wall or leave a message on my blog for her, her name is Sarah Gaunt,She would be sooo thrilled... she is a lovely young person.
    thanx chriss rollins xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Sarah who i told you about in the post above has just opened a blog and posted her first piece a little while ago.
    she has no idea that i am asking you to make her a vist... she has given you a mention. IF yOU HAVE THE TIME PLEASE WOULD YOU TAKE A LOOK.
    this is her blog addy.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/04806820370449586193

    THANKS CHRISS X

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is wonderful energy in these. I love it! Good to see a post from you here. I love your artwork and journal pages.
    BlessedBe,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo love your work....your journals are an inspiration to me....and so...if you would do me the honour of visiting my blog....I want to give you a weblog award...(and I promise this isnt spam)LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Teesha, you've done it again! I received my issue of Art and Life yesterday. I knew better than to open it though. Tonight after getting off work, going to the gym, eating supper, I opened it. As usual when I get my copy of Art and Life, I was cemented to the spot until every word had been read, every photo minutely examined, every brilliant and insightful thought considered! I tell you Art and Life isn't just a zine. It's a meditation. Thank you again. P.S. To get involved with teaching younger people journaling, contact your local public library. I know they would love to have you.
    With much thanks and admiration,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because your blog has given me e HOURS of inspiration, instruction, and delight (you only have to look at my journal pages to see how much!) I would like to pass the Brilliant Blog Award on to you. Please check my blog tonight to read all about it and to pick up the actual award. This morning I'm going to register voters (so excited!!!), so I won't be able to get back to the computer until later.

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Teesha,
    So many cool new things here on the blog. Those pages make me CRAZY! I love the bee's one so much! Yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry we're late and we hope you got our message yesterday. If you'll stop by Amusing Muses your award awaits!

    Love,
    Alberta and Ava

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morn'n Teesha!
    Art & Life #12 is great! Thanks for making it very journal-like...a day by day collection of essays. Really well done...and I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful art work you create, and I love your blog! now I have to back up and read about your magazine...Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. The collage sheets are great. I just got back from a big family trip too - 18 of us in all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the collage sheets! They jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just happened upon your site. Love your work! I had to put your link on my crafting site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The collage sheets are wonderful--your work always makes me want to jump up and run for my (as it were) studio.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was this really your last issue of Art and Life? I went to renew my subscription and it looks like you're done. Wahhhh!!!! That zine saves my sanity often. I only allow myself to read it in small bits so it will last. I try to make last as long as possible. Say it isn't so.

    ReplyDelete