Thursday, May 03, 2007

May update





I wanted everyone to know that issue 7 has finally been mailed as of today. Yes, I know it is late...it won't happen again, I promise. well...issue 8 may be a week or two late, but I am catching up. Since we mailed them ourselves this time (no bulk mailing), you should all see them next week.

On other news, I am receiving a bunch of registrations for Artfiberfest this week, so tommorrow I'll start logging everyone in. I'm really excited for this smaller version of Artfest....and from the registrations it looks like I'm not the only one. If you wanted to come, now is the time to register!

The teaching packets went out for Artfest last week, so the teachers are busy working on their proposals. Tracy designed the logo for 2008 and I was delighted with it. He usually only draws monsters and aliens so when I saw this little guy I was shocked! Thought you might like to see it early.

Tracy and I decided to attend the Original Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA in July this summer after a long hiatus from doing shows. We are flying in a week early and both teaching 2 all-day classes (July 7-8) in Gardena and then we'll have our collection of rubber stamps for sale as well as an all-new collection too! More information on the show can be seen at www.astampinthehand.com . For the workshop descriptions, give me this weekend to get them up on the site (I'll list the link here too). AND...we will also be teaching in Phoenix at the annual "Under The Covers" journaling show during October 6-7. This happens at The Paper Studio in Tempe, AZ. INfo on that will also be up very soon.

More and more plans have been set in motion around here for various projects. I'll let you in on them when I can. But that's the update for now. Busy busy busy!!! That's the way I like it though!

13 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see a post!!!! I check every couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 PM

    Hi Teesha:
    Tracy's logo is amazing. I am so excited to know that Art and Life will be coming to my mailbox this month. I love all of your issues and am so looking forward to curling up (tea in hand) with your newest baby. When will you be selling your new stamps on line? I am eager to see your newest collection so I can add them to my collection of Teesha and Tracy stamps.
    Take care,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teesha! So, so excited about Artfiberfest,and gleefully looking forward to my new issue of Art & Life. Did I tell you I carry with me the page a few issues back that has your essay about "Work"? I'm gearing up to make the plunge, leave the corporate world and live my dream. That essay is like my little talisman, reminding me to forge ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The logo is wonderful... I would love to take a class from you, Teesha (Tracy, too!). Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee. You're alive!! So glad to see a new post. I just love your work and insights, so I check every day. Love the logo! Can't wait for the new Art & Life!! Worth the wait, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, the images both look great and it will be wonderful to receive issue 7. Thanks for the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teesha, I LOVE this creature!!!! He is way cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new artfest logo, way to go Tracy!!!!

    I would love to attend the classes you teach in Arizona. Please post info.

    xo,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teesha, it's so good to hear from you again! I can't WAIT for Issue 7. I do not lie when I say I have been checking the mailbox for weeks. Thank you for finding the energy for Art & Life after all your Artfesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, after hearing so much about artfest from students and teachers alike, I am definately going to try and make it for 2008 - all the way from the land down under. Nina and Michael tell me its an amazing experience. Michael keeps telling me what amazing people you and your husband are.
    Ciao for now.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color copy is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that Kathleen Lolley's drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love that owl!

    www.brookebrimmjewelrydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete