Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Most grueling 3 days


I just got done sorting through the stacks and stacks of proposals for Artfest. I've been working at it since monday. I finally had to just get out of the house today and take a walk down by the lake (coulon) because it's SO draining. There are so many great classes and amazing people who want to be a part of artfest and yet...there are only so many classrooms. It's always the most exciting time of year and the most gut wrenching. Tracy has been lending me his ear and his excellent advice and it helps. I finally have the final line-up and my gut feels exhiliarated about who I picked (when it is not thinking about the other pile...). Now I have to (get to!) go through the proposals for Artfiberfest....then it's the fun & not-so-fun task of letting all the teachers know who made it & who didn't. Anyway......just needed a break, so I thought I'd log on here and tell you about my day. I can't WAIT to share with you the line-up!!!! It feels like the best one ever! (you'll have to wait about a month while we log everything in to the online brochure). Thanks for listening.

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I don't envy you for having to choose but I know the line up will rock - Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine this task. And I find it hard choosing between the classes. I'll be anxious to see the lineup. Thanks for the work; hope you enjoyed your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read people´s stories of Artfest and almost bursted with envy! It sounds like the most amazing, magical experience. I hope to get there one day too although I have a long way to travel. You obviously do an amazing job setting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there girl! Everyone knows how hard this must be for you and appreciates you for it...most especially me! You can bet your booties I will be first in line at my post office on sign up day! CP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how difficult it must be and thought it must take to decide. I can't wait to see the line-up and start my own agonizing process of deciding what classes I will chose and which ones I must pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you have a blog Teesha. I just received all of the past issues of Play from you and I'm lost in them. So inspiring. I posted a link to this blog from mine. Hope thats okay. If it isn't let me know and I'll remove it. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there! just found your blog. this year was my first artfest. loved it. life changing. i'll be back next year, for sure. and i'm sure the line up will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first blogg... I don't know if I am even doing it correctly, but here goes. I found out about your 2006 Artfest while cruising the web one day, but at that time it was too late to make arrangements to go. It sounded wonderful and I was upset for days that I was unable to make the trip. I am going to try my best to be at the 2007 fest, so all of your hard work (sorting through stacks) is not in vain. Even though mulling over the classes is at present draining for you, it only makes me think that you are insuring that the next Artfest will be even better than the last! I simply cannot wait. I just started art journaling and I love it. Your website is so inspirational, continue your good, no, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed- THAT is ONE difficult job!

    (*It is REALLY wonderful to read about your daily life and all of the processes you go through... it is truly a deeper level of love, life, and creatiivity...)

    XoxoxoxoX
    Jane- catching up on reading blogs...

    ReplyDelete