Monday, June 26, 2006

Artfberfest is over. Back to reality again.



Artfiberfest just ended yesterday and I'm already missing everyone. The teachers and the students were a perfect mix and everyone seemed ecstatic and inspired by their workshops (and each other!). I always feel so blessed to get to be the facilitator of such a great group. My daughter took a class from Mary Stanley during the retreat and taught it to me when we got home yesterday since I am always too busy to take any classes. Since it was so hot, all we could do was sit and sew in front of the fan. This is my piece. It's roughly 2"x2". Anyway...we are doing it (artfiberfest) again next year but since we all liked the small group aspect, we will be limiting our numbers to 140. If you want to come, mark your calendars to look at my site (www.teeshamoore.com) in november. registration will begin in december for artfiberfest 2007. The exact date is still to be determined but will be roughly the end of june again. We are also in the planning stages of a 3rd event to add to artfest and fiberfest.....It will be Journalfest! and will be a group of about 50. We'll be getting info on that up soon too.

16 comments:

  1. Journal fest!! OMG! That's a wonderful idea! I would love to be in on that!! *boggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Journal fest!!! I hope that you will be teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journalfest sounds wonderful. I will be watching for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A group of 50 sounds perfect! I'll be watching for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journalfest sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see it posted

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been waiting for you to offer a small journal class, count me in.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. be still my heart, Journalfest?! i think i need to pack my bags and move closer so i can attend all of your savory events!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teesha, Love your piece! Wonderful!and ArtFiberFest was Heaven on Earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like so much fun!! I know what's on my wish list. Lovely Art:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that little embroidery piece you did! All your events are AMAZING, journalfest sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need Journal Fest. An event just for journaling would definately add zeal to my journal. It has gotten a little dull recently!
    Rhonda
    P.S I really need Art Fiber Fest too! I noticed yesterday that the Art Fest generated creativity flow was wearing out.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to hear all about JournalFest - sounds like a fabulous event!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A journalfest sounds great-- I've abandoned most other medias for the last two years or so in trade for my art journals, and am designing a therapeutic program around art journaling- it would be great to connect! :)

    Melanie Sage

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am soooooooo envious our your and all your goodies......I am living vicariously through all of you that went and your wonderful photos. keep them coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. as much as i loved artfest earlier this year, i bet a journalfest would be great. you have such a talent for organizing these events!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just fantastic! What was your base on this?

    I also want to tell you how much I LOVE "ARt & Life". I really missed "The Studio" and I'm happy you brought back your wonderful articles! I save my copy and dole it out like a fine box of chocolates: treating myself to your wonderful zine in small doses so it will "last" longer! Keep up the fantastic work. We LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete